Naval History and Heritage Command

Naval History and Heritage Command

Related Content
Document Type
  • Ship History
Wars & Conflicts
File Formats
Location of Archival Materials

(IX-49: l. 54'9"; b. 12'5"; dr. 7'3"; cl. Spindrift)

Spindrift (IX-49) was built in 1928 by F. F. Pendleton, Wiscasset, Maine. The auxiliary cutter was acquired by the Navy on 26 October 1941 and assigned to the Severn River Naval Command for duty with the United States Naval Academy.

Spindrift supported midshipman training at the academy until being placed in reserve in January 1947. She was struck from the Navy list on 22 December 1952.

Published: Tue Sep 15 14:36:36 EDT 2015