(AM-379: displacement 1,250 (full load); length 221-1-; beam 32-2-; draft 10-9-; speed 18 knots; complement 117; armament 1 3-, 2 40mm., 8 20mm., 2 depth charge tracks, 4 depth charge projectors, 1 depth charge projector (hedgehog-type); class Auk)
The second Roselle (AM-379) was laid down 24 February 1944, by the Gulf Ship Building Corp., Chickasaw, Ala.; launched 29 August 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Louis E. Griffith; and commissioned 6 February 1945, Lt. Comdr. H. T. Loehr, Jr., in command.
Following shakedown at Little Creek, she replaced Pilot as training vessel there 24 April 1945. Completing 6 months of minesweeper training operations in the Atlantic, she transited the Panama Canal and joined the Pacific Fleet 23 October 1945. After 3-week periods at San Pedro and at Pearl Harbor, she proceeded to Japan, via Eniwetok and Saipan, arriving at Sasebo 14 January 1946. She operated in Japanese waters on minesweeping operations through April, then returned to the United States via Eniwetok and Pearl Harbor, arriving San Diego 20 May to report to the 19th Fleet for inactivation. She was placed out of commission in reserve there 20 June 1946.
Reclassified MSF-379 on 7 February 1955, she remained out of commission in reserve at San Diego until February 1973 when she was sold to the government of Mexico. Named Melchior Ocampo (G-10), and later Manuel Gutierrez Zamora (PO-109), the minesweeper remains in Mexican service into 2005.
21 October 2005