Naval History and Heritage Command

Naval History and Heritage Command

Tags
Related Content
Topic
Document Type
  • Ship History
Wars & Conflicts
File Formats
Location of Archival Materials
Panameta

(YTB-402: dp. 345 (f.); l. 100'; b. 26'; dr. 10'; s. 12 k., cpl. 12; cl. Sassaba)

Panameta (YTB-402) was laid down 22 September 1944 by the Gibbs Gas Engine Co., Jacksonville, Fla.; launched 27 February 1945; christened by Mrs. Vera W. Lombard and placed in service 8 June 1945. Assigned to the 17th Naval District, the harbor tug Panameta, redesignated YTM-402 in February 1962, has continuously served, into 1970, that district and the ships of the Pacific Fleet operating in Aleutian and Alaskan waters.

Published: Tue Aug 18 12:47:18 EDT 2015