(SP-161: dp. 505; l. 224-; b. 27-; dr. 15-9-; s. 12 k.)
A former name retained.
Narada, a wooden yacht, was built by Ramsey and Ferguson, Leith, Scotland; launched 30 May 1889; acquired by the Navy 30 June 1917 and commissioned 12 October 1917, Lt. Charles Rodstrom in command.
During her entire period of service, Narada was based at New London, Conn. for experimental submarine signal work.
After completion of service, Narada sailed for New York, arriving 13 January 1919. She was decommissioned the same day and returned to her owner Mr. Henry D. Walters, Baltimore, Md. on 4 February.