(YAG‑9: dp. 370; l. 233'6"; b. 20'2"; dr. 17')
An Island off southeast Massachusetts.
Muskeget (YAG‑9) was built as Cornish in 1923 by Bethlehem Shipbuilding Corp., Sparrows Point, Md.; acquired by the Navy 29 December 1941 from Eastern Shipbuilding Lines, Inc., Boston, Mass.; converted from a freighter by Sullivan Drydock & Repair Co., New York, N.Y.; and commissioned as YAG‑9 on 3 January 1942.
Assigned to the 3d Naval District, YAG‑9 performed patrol duty off New York until reclassified AG‑48 and named Muskeget on 30 May. One month later, 30 June, the miscellaneous auxiliary was transferred to the Coast Guard and served with the North Atlantic Weather Patrol into the fall of 1942. She was last reported on station 11 September. When she was overdue in reaching home port later in September, Muskeget was presumed lost with 117 men on board. On 26 October 1943. Muskeget was struck from the Navy list.