(SP‑151: dp. 7; l. 41'; b. 9'; dr. 2'9"; s. 15 k.; cpl. 5; a. none)
A former name retained.
Miss Betsy (SP‑151), a wooden‑hulled, gas‑powered motor cruiser, was built by E. S. Thibault, Jacksonville, Fla., in 1916; acquired by the Navy from her owner, M. R. Ballantyne of South Montrose, Pa., under free lease 13 April 1918; and commissioned for district use 21 September 1918.
Assigned to the 6th Naval District at Charleston, Miss Betsy provided dispatch and mail services during the remainder of the year. Subsequently, she was returned to her owner 17 January 1919.