Naval History and Heritage Command

Naval History and Heritage Command

Tags
Related Content
Topic
Document Type
  • Ship History
Wars & Conflicts
File Formats
Location of Archival Materials
LST-930

LST-930 was laid down on 9 June 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 12 July 1944; sponsored by Mrs. C. M. Rocca; and commissioned on 6 August 1944, Lt. F. W. Grabowski in command.

During World War II, LST-930 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Iwo Jima in February 1945 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. On 15 September 1945, she was redesignated LSTH-930 and performed occupation duty in the Far East until late October 1945. The ship returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 26 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 8 June 1948, she was sold to the Humble Oil & Refining Co., Houston, Tex., for operation.

LST-930 earned two battle stars for World War II service.