LST-694 was laid down on 14 February 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 16 April 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Ivy H. Wolf; and commissioned on 19 May 1944.
During World War II, LST-694 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Morotai landings-September 1944
Leyte landings-October and November 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing-January 1945
Mindanao Island landings-April 1945
Balikpapan operation-June and July 1945
Following the war, LST-694 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-January 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 1 December 1947 and struck from the Navy list on 23 December that same year. She was transferred to the United States Army. On 1 March 1950, she was reacquired from the Army and transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service, where she operated as USNS LST-694 until struck from the Navy list once again on 4 February 1958.
LST-694 earned five battle stars for World War II service.