LST-670 was laid down on 22 March 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 6 May 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Gertrude Schumaker; and commissioned on 29 May 1944.
During World War II, LST-670 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Leyte landing-October 1944
Mindoro landings-December 1944
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto-March through June 1945
Following the war, LST-670 returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 30 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June that same year. The ship was sold on 10 February 1947.
LST-670 earned three battle stars for World War II service.