LST-668 was laid down on 6 March 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 30 April 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Fred J. Kress; and commissioned on 23 May 1944, Lt. Milford E. Clark, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-668 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Morotai landings-September 1944
Leyte landings-October and November 1944
Mindanao Island landings-April and May 1945
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto-June 1945
Following the war, LST-668 returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 24 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 26 May 1948, the ship was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Bethlehem, Pa., for scrapping.
LST-668 earned four battle stars for World War II service.