Naval History and Heritage Command

Naval History and Heritage Command

Tags
Related Content
Topic
Document Type
  • Ship History
Wars & Conflicts
File Formats
Location of Archival Materials
LST-607

LST-607 was laid down on 2 December 1943 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 7 April 1944; sponsored by Mrs. John Pirok; and commissioned on 24 April 1944.

During World War II, LST-607 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the capture and occupation of the southern Palau Islands from September to October 1944.

Following the war, LST-607 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946. She was decommissioned on 11 January 1946 and transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service on 31 March 1952 where she served as USNS LST-607. USNS LST-607 was transferred to the Philippine Navy on 13 September 1976.

LST-607 earned one battle star for World War II service.