LST-576 was laid down on 3 May 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 12 June 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Joseph Perry; and commissioned on 8 July 1944.
During World War II, LST-576 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Lingayen Gulf landing in January 1945 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April 1945. Following the war, LST-576 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-December 1945. Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 14 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 9 June that same year. On 7 October 1947, she was sold to Leland Louis Green, Jr., of Charleston, S.C., for scrapping.
LST-576 earned two battle stars for World War II service.