LST-486 was laid down on 31 December 1942 at Richmond, Calif., by Kaiser, Inc.; launched on 16 January 1943; and commissioned on 29 May 1943.
During World War II, LST-486 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Capture and occupation of Saipan-June and July 1944
Tinian capture and occupation-July 1944
Leyte landings-October 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing-January 1945
Following the war, LST-486 was redesignated LSTH-486 on 15 September 1945. She performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946. Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 13 January 1946. The tank landing ship was operated by the Shipping Control Authority, Japan, until destroyed on 23 July 1947. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 28 August 1947.
LST-486 earned four battle stars for World War II service.