LST-469 was laid down on 23 October 1942 at Vancouver, Wash., by Kaiser, Inc.; launched on 27 November 1942; and commissioned on 8 March 1943.
During World War II, LST-469 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Hollandia operation-April 1944 Western New Guinea operations:
(a) Toem-Wakde-Sarmi area operation-May 1944
(b) Biak Island operation-May and June 1944
(c) Noemfoor Island operation-July 1944
(d) Cape Sansapor operation-July and August 1944
(e) Mprotai landings-September 1944
Leyte landings-October 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing-January 1945
Following the war, LST-469 performed occupation duty in the Far East until 24 October 1945 and saw China service from 25 October to 2 November 1945. Upon her return to the United States, LST-469 was decommissioned on 27 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 1 May that same year. On 13 December 1947, the tank landing ship was sold to Hughes Bros., Inc., New York, N.Y., for scrapping.
LST-469 earned four battle stars for World War II service.