LST-41 was laid down on 24 May 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 17 August 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Mary Spisak; and commissioned on 24 September 1943, Lt. W. B. Dundon, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-41 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Marshall Islands operation:
(a) Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls-January and February 1944
Hollandia operation-April 1944
(a) Capture and occupation of Guam-July 1944
Western Caroline Islands operation:
(a) Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands-September and October 1944 Luzon operation:
(a) Lingayen Gulf landing-January 1945
Following the war, LST-41 was redesignated LSTH-41 on 15 September 1945. She performed occupation duty in the Far East until late November 1945.
Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 25 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June 1946. On 8 October 1947, she was sold to J. C. Berkwit & Co., of New York City, N.Y.
LSTH-41 earned five battle stars for World War II service as LST-41.