LST-391 was laid down on 14 July 1942 at the Newport News Shipbuilding & Drydock Co.; launched on 28 October 1942; sponsored by Miss Katherine Wendell Blewett; and commissioned on 3 December 1942.
During World War II, LST-391 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation-July 1943
Salerno landings-September 1943
Invasion of Normandy-June 1944
In May 1960, LST-391 was transferred to Greece as grant aid where she served in the Royal Hellenic Navy as Rodos (L-157).
LST-391 earned three battle stars for World War II service.