LST-386 was laid down on 9 June 1942 at the Newport News Shipbuilding & Drydock Co.; launched on 28 September 1942; sponsored by Miss Mary Randolph Scott; and commissioned on 10 November 1942.
During World War II, LST-386 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Tunisian operations-November 1942 through July 1943
Sicilian occupation-July 1943
Salerno landings-September 1943
Anzio-Nettuno advanced landings-February and March 1944
Invasion of Normandy-June 1944
LST-386 was transferred to the United Kingdom on 9 December 1944. She was struck from the Navy list on 15 October 1946. The ship was decommissioned and returned to United States Navy custody on 10 December 1946. On 5 June 1947, she was sold to Frozen Foods, Scotland, and converted for merchant service.
LST-386 earned five battle stars for World War II service.