LST-385 was laid down on 19 June 1942 at the Newport News Shipbuilding & Drydock Co.; launched on 28 September 1942; sponsored by Miss Janet Lee Peebles; and commissioned on 6 November 1942.
During World War II, LST-385 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation-July 1943
Salerno landings-September 1943
Convoy KMS-31-November 1943
Anzio-Nettuno advanced landings-January and February 1944
Invasion of Normandy-June 1944
She was transferred to the United Kingdom on 29 November 1944. The ship was struck from the Navy list on 26 February 1946. She was decommissioned on 16 March 1946 and returned to United States Navy custody. On 5 December 1947, LST-385 was sold to Bosey, Philippines.
LST-385 earned five battle stars for World War II service.