LST-384 was laid down on 16 June 1942 at the Newport News Shipbuilding & Drydock Co.; launched on 28 September 1942; sponsored by Miss Alice Palen; and commissioned on 2 November 1942.
During World War II, LST-384 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation-July 1943
Salerno landings-September 1943
Anzio-Nettuno advanced landings-January and February 1944
Invasion of Normandy-June 1944 Following the war, LST-384 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-December 1945. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 22 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946. On 8 April 1948, the tank landing ship was sold to Kaiser Co., Inc., Vancouver, Wash., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-384 earned four battle stars for World War II service.