LST-341 was laid down on 21 August 1942 at the Norfolk Navy Yard; launched on 8 November 1942; sponsored by Miss Elizabeth R. Bisset; and commissioned on 28 December 1942.
During World War II, LST-341 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
New Georgia Group operation:
(a) New Georgia-Rendova-Vangunu occupation-June and July 1943
(b) Vella Lavella occupation-August 1943
Occupation and defense of Cape Torokina-November 1943
(a) Capture and occupation of Saipan-June and July 1944
(b) Capture and occupation of Guam-July and August 1944
Leyte landings-October and November 1944
Following the war, LST-341 performed occupation duty in the Far East in September and October 1945. Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 14 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 12 April 1946. On 12 September 1946, she was sold to the Construction Power & Merchandising Co., of Brooklyn, N.Y., for conversion to merchant service.
LST-341 earned four battle stars and the Navy Unit Commendation for World War II service.