LST-336 was laid down on 17 July 1942 at the Norfolk Navy Yard; launched on 15 October 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Thomas B. Richey; and commissioned on 11 December 1942.
During World War II, LST-336 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation-July 1943
Salerno landings-September 1943
Invasion of Normandy-June 1944
She was decommissioned and transferred to the United Kingdom on 27 November 1944 and returned to United States Navy custody on 7 March 1946. LST-336 was struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946. On 22 October 1947, she was sold to Luria Bros. & Co., Inc., of Philadelphia, Pa.
LST-336 earned three battle stars for World War II service.