LST-334 was laid down on 17 July 1942 at the Norfolk Navy Yard; launched on 15 October 1942; sponsored by Mrs. W. M. Thompson; and commissioned on 29 November 1942, Lt. George Alyward, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-334 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Vella Lavella occupation-October 1943
Occupation and defense of Cape Torokina-November and December 1943
Capture and occupation of Guam-July and August 1944
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto-April through June 1945
Following the war, LST-334 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-October 1945. Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 24 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946. On 22 April 1948, she was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., Bethlehem, Pa., for scrapping. LST-334 earned four battle stars and the Navy Unit Commendation for World War II service.