LST-276 was laid down on 10 May 1943 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 29 August 1943; sponsored by Mrs. J. S. Ragland; and commissioned on 11 October 1943.
During World War II, LST-276 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls-February 1944
Hollandia operation-April 1944
Capture and occupation of Guam-July 1944
Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands-September and October 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing-January 1945
Following the war, LST-276- was redesignated LSTH-276 on 15 September 1945. She performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946. The tank landing ship returned to the United States and was transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service on 31 March 1952 for service as LST-276 (T-LST-276) until she was struck from the Navy list on 10 June 1973 and sold.
LST-276 earned five battle stars for World War II service.