LST-226 was laid down on 16 April 1943 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 14 September 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Matthew Dekreon; and commissioned on 8 October 1943.
During World War II, LST-226 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls-January and February 1944
Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands-September and October 1944
Following the war, LST-226 served in China from November 1945 through May 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 8 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June 1946. On 5 November 1947, she was sold to Bosey, Philippines, and converted for merchant service.
LST-226 earned two battle stars for World War II.