LST-211 was laid down on 7 September 1942 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 5 June 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Charles S. Pillsbury; and commissioned on 6 July 1943.
During World War II, LST-211 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Convoy UGS-37-April 1944
Invasion of southern France-August and September 1944
Following the war, LST-211 was decommissioned on 20 November 1945 and struck from the Navy list on 5 December that same year. On 26 March 1948, the ship was sold to the Ships & Power Equipment Corp., Barber, N.J., for scrapping.
LST-211 earned two battle stars for World War II