LST-205 was laid down on 5 August 1942 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 13 April 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Doris DeHaven; and commissioned on 15 May 1943.
During World War II, LST-205 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Gilbert Islands operation-November and December 1943
Biak Island operation-June 1944
Capture and occupation of Saipan-June and July 1944
Leyte landings-October and November 1944 Following the war, LST-205 was redesignated LSTH-205 on 15 September 1945. She performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-December 1945.
Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 2 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946. On 4 June 1948, she was sold to Hughes Bros., Inc., of New York City, N.Y., for scrapping.
LSTH-205 earned four battle stars for World War II service as LST-205.