Tags
Related Content
Topic
Document Type
  • Ship History
Wars & Conflicts
File Formats
Location of Archival Materials
LST-175

LST-175 was laid down on 6 January 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 18 April 1943; sponsored by Mrs. John Kuhn; and commissioned on 19 May 1943.

During World War II, LST-175 served in the European theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944. She was decommissioned on 1 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 8 May 1946. On 11 December 1947, she was sold to the Southern Shipwrecking Co., of New Orleans, La., for scrapping.

LST-175 earned one battle star for World War II service.