LST-120 was laid down on 5 May 1943 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 7 August 1943; sponsored by Miss Laura K. Richert; and commissioned on 22 September 1943.
During World War II, LST-120 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
(a) Capture and occupation of Saipan-June and July 1944
(b) Tinian capture and occupation-July 1944
During the fall of 1945, LST-120 performed postwar occupation duty in the Far East.
Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 7 January 1946. She was transferred to the United States Military Government for Korea as a sale in February 1947 and was struck from the Navy list on 5 March 1947.
LST-120 earned two battle stars for World War II service.