LST-118 was laid down on 21 April 1943 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 21 July 1943; sponsored by Miss Dorothy Korrell; and commissioned on 6 September 1943, Lt. Clarence W. Lundberg in command.
During World War II, LST-118 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Hollandia operation-April 1944
(a) Capture and occupation of Guam-July 1944
Leyte landings-October 1944
Following the war, LST-118 was redesignated LSTH-118 on 15 September 1945. She performed occupation duty in the Far East until early February 1946.
Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 8 February 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 29 September 1947. On 28 April 1948, she was sold to the Dulien Steel Products, Inc., of Seattle, Wash., and subsequently scrapped.
LSTH-118 earned three battle stars for World War II service as LST-118.