Tags
Related Content
Topic
Document Type
  • Ship History
Wars & Conflicts
File Formats
Location of Archival Materials
LST-1153

LST-1153 was laid down on 19 July 1945 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 24 April 1947; sponsored by Mrs. Lena Mickelson; and commissioned on 3 September 1947.

LST-1153 spent her entire career as a unit of the Amphibious Force, Atlantic Fleet, operating along the east coast of the United States interspersed with deployments to the Mediterranean. On 1 July 1955, she was redesignated Talbot County (LST-1153) (q.v.) after counties in Maryland and Georgia. She was decommissioned on 3 April 1970 and assigned to the Atlantic Reserve Fleet at Orange, Tex.