Naval History and Heritage Command

Naval History and Heritage Command

Tags
Related Content
Topic
Document Type
  • Ship History
Wars & Conflicts
File Formats
Location of Archival Materials
LST-1108

LST-1108 was laid down on 16 December 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 1 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Edward H. Barnard; and commissioned on 27 February 1945, Lt. C. V. Lieb in command.

Following World War II, LST-1108 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early December 1945. She was decommissioned on 15 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 25 September that same year. On 10 January 1948, the ship was sold to the Argentine Navy where she served as Cabo San Vicente (BDT-14).