(ScStr: l. 90'; b. 18'; a. none)
A genus of evergreen shrubs and trees.
The second Juniper was a lighthouse tender built in Baltimore in 1903. She was transferred to the Navy with the entire Lighthouse Service by Executive order 11 April 1917 and served the Navy as a patrol vessel. She was returned to the custody of the Department of Commerce 1 July 1919.
Laid down 2 October 1940, Juniper (YN-15) was renamed Elder (q.v.) 16 October.