(AM-254: dp. 530; l. 184'6"; b. 33'; dr. 9'9"; s. 15 k., cpl. 104; a. 13", 4 40mm.; cl. Admirable)
To enter for conquest or plunder.
Invade (AM-254) was laid down 19 January 1944 by Savannah Machine & Foundry Co., Savannah, Ga.; launched 6 February 1944; sponsored by Miss Thayer C. Allen; and commissioned 18 September 1944, Lt. H. H. Silliman in command.
After shakedown in Chesapeake Bay, Invade steamed to Casco Bay, Maine, for training 24 November 1944. Following these operations and additional drills out of Norfolk, the minecraft assumed duties there as towing ship for aircraft targets and as an experimental minesweeper. She remained on this important duty through the end of the war and reported 21 September 1945 to the Mine Warfare School at Yorktown, Va., as a training ship. Invade decommissioned 7 August 1946 and joined the Atlantic Reserve Fleet at Orange, Tex. She was reclassified M'SF-254 on 7 February 1955, struck from the Navy List 1 May 1962, and sold to Mexico 30 August 1962.