(SP-142; dp. 35; l. 69'7"; b. 13'2"; dr. 4'; s. 11 k.; a. 1 3-pdr.)
A former name retained.
Hoqua, a motor yacht, was built by Charles Seabury, Morris Heights, N.Y., in 1914, and acquired from her owner, Robert M. Curtis of Chicago, III., in June 1917. She commissioned at Brooklyn 27 July 1917, Chief Boatswain H. F. Dellyse, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to the 3d Naval District, Hoqua performed general harbor duties at Brooklyn until 27 March 1918, when she arrived New Haven, Conn., for duty. She served there as an inshore patrol vessel and as an escort for submarines in and around New Haven harbor for the remainder of the war and was returned to her owner 6 February 1919.