(LX-48: l. 68'7"; b. 15'4" ; t. 32)
A former name retained.
Highland. Light (IX-48), an auxiliary cruiser, was built by George Lawley & Son, Neponset, Mass., in 1931, and was given to the Navy by the estate of Dudley A. Wolf of Boston for use at the Naval Academy. The craft was acquired 26 October 1940 and remained in service at the Naval Academy at Annapolis through 1965 until struck from the Navy List 1 April 1965.