Naval History and Heritage Command

Naval History and Heritage Command

Related Content
Topic
  • nhhc-topics:submarine
Document Type
  • Ship History
Wars & Conflicts
File Formats
Location of Archival Materials
H-8

(SS-151; dp. 358 (n.) , l. 150'4"; b. 15'10"; dr. 12'5"; s. 14 k.; cpl. 25; a. 4 18" tt.; cl. H-1)

H-8 (SS-151) was launched at Puget Sound Navy Yard on 14 November 1918, 3 days after the signing of the Armistice, and commissioned there 18 November 1918, Lt. Comdr. Ralph W. Holt in command.

From there she sailed to San Pedro, where she was attached first to SubDivs 6 and 7. Operating with her sister ships, H-8 engaged in extensive battle and training exercises out of San Pedro, varying this routine with patrols-off Santa Catalina Island.

In company with SubDivs 6 and 7, and tender Beaver, H-8 departed San Pedro on 25 July 1922 and arrived in Norfolk on 14 September. She decommissioned there 17 November 1922. Her name was struck from the Navy List 26 February 1931. She was sold for scrapping 28 November 1933.

Published: Wed Dec 24 08:50:22 EST 2014