Naval History and Heritage Command

Naval History and Heritage Command

Related Content
Topic
  • nhhc-topics:submarine
Document Type
  • Ship History
Wars & Conflicts
File Formats
Location of Archival Materials
H-6

(SS-149: dp. 358 (n.) ; l. 150'4" ; b. 15'10" ; dr. 12'5" ; s. 14 k.; cpl. 25; a. 4 18" tt.; cl. H-1)

H-6 (SS-149) was launched 26 August 1918 by Puget Sound Navy Yard; and commissioned there 9 September, Lt. Robert P. Lucker in command.

As part of SubDiv 6 and later 7, H-6 was based at San Pedro, Calif. From there she operated along the West Coast, participating in various battle and training exercises with her sister submarines. Occasional patrol duty off Santa Catalina Island and overhauls at Mare Island varied this effective training routine.

Departing San Pedro on 25 July 1922 with SubDivs 6 and 7, H-6 reached Norfolk on 14 September. She decommissioned there 23 October 1922. H-6 was struck from the Navy List 26 February 1931. She was sold for scrapping 28 November 1933.

Published: Wed Dec 24 08:49:28 EST 2014