(LSMR-507; dp. 790; l. 206'3"; b. 34'6"; dr. 7'2"; s. 13 k.; cpl. 138'; a. 1 5", 4 40mm., 8 20mm., 4 4.2" m., 10 rkt.; cl. LSMR-401)
A river in southeastern West Virginia.
LSMR-507 was laid down 31 March 1945 by Brown Shipbuilding Co., Houston, Tex.; launched 28 April 1945; and commissioned 22 June 1945, Lt. Alvin G. Walser in command.
Departing Houston 27 June, LSMR-507 steamed via Galveston to Charleston, S.C., where she arrived 7 July. From 28 to 30 July she sailed to Little Creek, Va., for training in Chesapeake Bay and along the Virginia coast. Assigned to LSMR Squadron 4, she departed Little Creek 4 October for the Great Lakes. She touched at Halifax, Quebec, and Montreal and arrived Rochester, N.Y., 16 October. During the next 3 weeks she sailed to Detroit and Chicago before returning to Rochester 1 November, and then to Little Creek 17 November.
During the next 2 months LSMR-507 continued operations out of Little Creek. She departed 29 January 1946, for operations off San Juan, P.R., and later out of Guantanamo Bay. She returned to Little Creek 24 March.
Following duty out of Norfolk and Baltimore, LSMR-507 departed Little Creek for the West Coast 18 October, arriving San Diego 20 November. Assigned to LSMR Squadron 3, she operated out of San Diego; decommissioned there 5 February 1947 ; and entered the Pacific Reserve Fleet. While berthed at San Diego, she was named Greeribrier River 1 October 1955. Her name was struck from the Naval Register 1 October 1958.