(PY: l. 124'; b. 18'3"; dr. 5'3"; s. 12 k.; cpl. 17; a. 1 6-pdr., 2 3-pdr.)
Former name retained.
Florence (Id. No. 173), a yacht free-leased by the Navy in 1917, was commissioned on 29 August of that year, with her owner, Ensign J. W. Alker, USNRF, in command. She was assigned to the 3d Naval District for patrol duty in Long Island Sound. During 1918 she also conducted drills, acted as guardship, convoyed submarines out for operations, and set up target ranges for the ships of the fleet. On 22 February 1919 Florence was placed out of commission and returned to her owner.