(AM: l. 136'; b. 24'; dr. 12'; s. 10 k.; cpl. 32; a. 2 3-pdr.)
Former name retained.
Edward J. McKeever Jr. (S. P. 684) was purchased by the Navy and placed in commission on 5 May 1917, Lieutenant (junior grade) M. F. Johnson, in command. She was fitted out as a minesweeper and assigned to the 4th Naval District where she engaged in patrol, minesweeping, towing, and transport duties. On 21 May 1919 she was decommissioned and sold.