Naval History and Heritage Command

Naval History and Heritage Command

Tags
Related Content
Topic
Document Type
  • Ship History
Wars & Conflicts
File Formats
Location of Archival Materials
Corundum

Former name retained.

Corundum (IX-164), formerly Limestone, was a non-self-propelled concrete barge acquired from the Maritime Commission, converted for use as a landing craft and vehicle spare parts barge and assigned to Service Force, Pacific Fleet. She was placed in service on 18 July 1944, towed to the Philippines where she rendered assistance to Commander, Service Division 101. On 8 August 1946 she was placed out of service and delivered to the War Shipping Administration.