Boulder (LST-1190) was named after a county and city in Colorado. She was laid down on 6 September 1969 at San Diego, Calif., by the National Steel &Shipbuilding Corp.; launched on 22 April 1970; sponsored by Mrs. Gordon L. Allott; and comissioned on 4 June 1971, Comdr. B. A. Troutman, Jr., in command.
Following commissioning at Long Beach, Calif., Boulder was assigned to the Amphibious Force, Atlantic Fleet, with the home port of Little Creek, Va. Into 1980, the tank landing ship alternated amphibious training operations along the east coast of the United States and in the Caribbean with regular, extended deployments to the Mediterranean.
Boulder received an award of the Meritorious Unit Commendation for removal and disposal of ordnance from the Suez Canal in 1974.
Updates for 1980 to 1994 pending.
Boulder was decommisioned on 28 February 1994.