(MB: t. 45; 1. 71'0"; b. 16'8"; dr. 6'4" (aft); s. 10.5 k.; cpl. 9; a. 1 3-pdr., 1 mg.)
Anton Dohrn, a motorboat built in 1911 at Miami, Fla., by the Miami Yacht & Machine Co., was acquired by the Navy on 31 July 1917 under a free lease from the Carnegie Institute, Washington, D.C., and was commissioned at Key West, Fla., on 5 October 1917.
Assigned to the 7th Naval District, Anton Dohrn operated out of the section base located at St. Augustine, Fla., patrolling the waters along the northeastern coast of Florida. After the armistice of 11 November 1918 ended hostilities and reduced the Navy's need for patrol craft, the motorboat was returned to her owner on 2 January 1919. Her name was simultaneously struck from the Navy list.