Naval History and Heritage Command

Naval History and Heritage Command

Tags
Related Content
Topic
Document Type
  • Ship History
Wars & Conflicts
File Formats
Location of Archival Materials
Alchemy

(AM-141: dp. 650; 1. 184'6"; b. 33'0"; dr. 9'9"; s. 14.8 k.; cpl. 104; a. 1 3", 4 40mm.: cl. Admirable)

Alchemy (AM-141) was laid down on 8 June 1942 at Tampa, Fla., by the Tampa Shipbuilding Co.; sponsored by Mrs. W. E. Edgarton; and completed on 11 August 1943. On the same day that she was completed, Alchemy was turned over to the Soviet Navy under the terms of the lend-lease program. She served the Soviets as T-114, and they never returned her to the United States. Alchemy was carried on the American Navy list, as MSF-141 after 7 February 1955, until struck on 1 January 1983.

Published: Mon Jun 15 07:26:46 EDT 2015