View looking north from off the eastern end of the Navy Yard waterfront, circa 1901. The Experimental Model Basin (Building 70) is in the left center, with the new Building 101 beyond and to the right. The small triangular structure in front of Building 101's west wing is the old eastern shiphouse in the final stages of demolition. The small ship in the basin in right center is USS Sylph. The tug Mohawk is at left. The original glass plate negative is # 19-N-24-3-2 in the collections of the National Archives. U.S. Naval History and Heritage Command Photograph.