(Fuel Ship # 14, later AO-2) Photographed circa 1917 in her original configuration with the bridge near the bow. The unusually small smokestack is for her early-model Diesel engines. In both this ship and her near sister Kanawha the bridge soon had to be moved aft of the foremast. Collection of Hubert C. Rickert. U.S. Naval History and Heritage Command Photograph.