(German Armored Ship, 1936) Close-up view of the port side of the ship's forward superstructure, taken at Montevideo, Uruguay in mid-December 1939, following the Battle of the River Plate. A shell hole in the tower side plating is visible aft of the searchlight platform. Note the ship's pattern camouflage, antenna of a Seetakt radar mounted on the face of the main battery rangefinder, foremast and 15cm broadside guns. U.S. Naval History and Heritage Command Photograph.