124' in width, as against 110' spar of the Panama Canal, the 18,000 ton capacity Navy floating drydock was passed from one Ocean to another by a plan careening the dock on its beam end towing it through. The plan conserved and directed by Naval Civil Eng. Corps and carried out by CB's. CB's begin the job of turning this huge floating unit on its side. 26 June 1945.