(SP-757: tonnage unknown; length 48-; beam 9-10-; draft 4-6-; speed 9 knots; complement 7; armament 1 1-pounder, 1 machine gun)
Rosa was built by Jensen of San Diego as a private wooden boat; acquired by the Navy 29 June 1917 for service as a patrol boat from her owner, Jack Merrill of Coronado, Calif.; and commissioned 17 May 1917, Ens. E. W. Dort in command.
Rosa was assigned duty in San Diego harbor, performing patrol work, minor transport and salvage operations through 1918. Placed out of service about 17 December 1918, Rosa was returned to her owner 6 January 1919.
21 October 2005