Naval History and Heritage Command

Naval History and Heritage Command

Tags
Related Content
Topic
  • Boats-Ships--Support Ships
Document Type
  • Ship History
Wars & Conflicts
File Formats
Location of Archival Materials
Moldegaard
(AK: dp. 6,200; l. 321'2"; b. 45'2"; dr. 18'6"; s. 9 k.; a. 2 3")

Merchant name retained.

Moldegaard, merchantship, was built by Bergen Mekaniske Vaerketel, Bergen, Norway, in 1906; operated by J. L. Mowenkelt & Son until 1917 when sold to A. H. Bull & Co., of New York; taken over and commissioned. by the Navy 30 October 1918 for service as a collier during the war, making several voyages between United States and European ports. She departed Barry Roads 21 April 1919 on her final passage, arriving New York 2 June. She decommissioned and was returned to her owner 16 September 1919, continuing in merchant service until 1926.